The plates for 1969 are lightweight steel, painted yellow with black lettering. The backs of the plates are painted yellow. These plates have short, oval slots. The plates with the goldpanner have a "nugget" of gold paint in the gold pan; the goldpanner is embossed.
There are several varieties of commercial plates for this year:
- Ln Lnn-series for livery (taxi) vehicles
- Rn Rnn-series for recovery vehicles (tow trucks)
- Tn Tnn Tnnn Tnnnn-series for trucks
- PSVn PSVnn PSVnnn-series for public service vehicles (PSVs). What are PSVs?
- RESn RESnn RESnnn-series for restricted vehicles. What are restricted vehicles?
- TFn TFnn TFnnn-series for through freighter (freighter-through) trucks. Probably an error; should have been FT instead of TF.
Yukon government: Gnnnn
The Yukon government black-on-orange plates (long slots) were used from 1965 until they were superceded by the Gxx·n series in 1982 and the YTGnnn series in 1985.
Federal government: Xn Xnn Xnnn Xnnnn Xn·nnn
Federal (dominion) government vehicles carried dark grey plates with green lettering from 1951 to 1982. Some lettering is turquoise due to a bad paint batch. Some with four-digit numbers had a dot between the first and second digits.